Freelance English Tutor to Japanese in London
Did you have a great time teaching in Japan? Would you like to privately tutor Japanese people one-to-one?
Tutors are needed for daytime/evening/weekend lessons in all areas of London, especially Acton, Ealing, Wimbledon, Putney, Finchley, Swiss Cottage, Hampstead, and the City. Lessons are usually held at the student’s houses or workplaces. This is a part-time, flexible, self-employed position.
Experience teaching Japanese learners (preferably in Japan) is essential, a CELTA or other teaching qualification (PGCE, etc.) is desirable. You will prepare interesting & appropriate lessons for students, who could be children, business people or homemakers (*help choosing resources can be provided to get you started).
Please send your CV, including details of what you are doing now & your AVAILABILITY to Vanessa at isshonilondon dot co dot uk. Please include a recent, clear ‘headshot’ photo & a brief personal profile; highlighting in note form your:
- Teaching Experience (i.e. 2 yrs in Japan, TEFL summer school in Bath)
- Qualifications (i.e. BA Hons English at Nottingham, RSA Celta, PGCE)
- Japan connection (where/when in Japan, continued interest?)
- Special interests or abilities (i.e. Business English, pronunciation, your methods, CRB/DBS checked)
- Area of London (where you live and work / where you can conveniently teach)
- Japanese recommendations in London ( i.e. favourite restaurant, etc.)
- Likes / Hobbies (i.e. golf, guitar, public speaking)
A commitment of at least 6 months is desirable, to ensure a great relationship with your students, though lessons often continue longer. The usual starting rate is £18 per teaching hour. Lessons are usually 90 minutes.
If you are thinking of working as a freelance tutor to Japanese people in London, please do read our article ‘Top 5 Reasons to Tutor Japanese People 1-to-1 in London’. – click here to download the PDF . It really is rewarding!
*also, please see our ‘Free Reports for Tutors’ page here.